Impact of Golf

Friday, December 13, 2013

Why I believe Tiger Woods is the Greatest Golfer of All Time

For me why Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time is simple. To me it has way more to do with than just his actual playing ability. (even though I would still consider him the best). The reason I believe this is because of the attention that he has brought to the sport. Before Tiger, yes people still watched tournaments and attended them. But when Tiger joined the PGA tour everything changed. There were tens of thousands of people lining the fairways and surrounding the greens just to watch this kid play. He has changed the way that African Americans look at the sport. Opening a door for them to start to play. He has started many successful programs for kids to teach them the game of golf as well as set them up with essential tools to be an overall successful person. Other than his marriage scandal Tiger Woods is about as good as it gets when it comes to a professional athlete. He gives back and he still finds a way to dominate the sport of golf which I think amazes me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment